Tuesday, April 7, 2009

why Albertsons doesn't always impress me...

Heres what I got at the Commissary for $35.  I was quite proud of myself this morning!  Even with my now-toddler walking up and down every isle, taking cans off the shelf and putting them all back, with my help of course.  Silly girl.

I got a ton of stuff including 2 bags of organic apples, one of organic pears, a case of tp, tons of salsa, lots of cheese for friday pizzas and enough stuff to make my husband lunches for quite some time!
 
Yeah!

...but, I will have to go to Albertsons if I want cereal!!

6 comments:

Erin said...

I don't blame ya! My husband has been out of the usmc for 4 years now so for the first time in my life I don't have an ID to shop at the commissary. I have a few friends that are military and I tell them to do most of their shopping at the commissary and get the free/almost free stuff off base. The overall pricing is just soo much cheaper.

Rachael said...

That's a lot of good stuff for that amount--I'm jealous! Stuff like Boca burgers and organic produce isn't cheap, so that's very impressive. And can you use expired coupons there too?

The Keevy Family said...

I would agree with you! I find that a combination of Fred Meyer and Albertsons works for me. I think my brother delivers produce to your commissary. He drives a truck from Spokane. Small world, isn't it?

FrugalWeightloss.com said...

You are very lucky to be able to purchase from a military grocer!

valley view farm said...

Thanks, guys. Once I figured out how to shop at the Commissary (right when they open at 10am and appx 3-4 days BEFORE a payday) it works great for me.

But, no, they wont take expired coupons here in the states, only foreign bases. Oh well! :-)

Erin said...

oh yeah, I forgot about payday lines. More than once I was in a checkout line on/right after payday that wrapped around the store. Don't miss that!

click for more quotes from the office

PlanningFamily

FamilyPlanning