Saturday, December 6, 2008

Eight O'Clock Coffee


Last month I posted a link to printable coupons for Eight Oclock coffee. (sorry, it is no longer available)  I was very hesitant to try this coffee but knew I had seen it at my local Commissary for just a few dollars.  Well, I gave it a try!  One bag of whole bean was $4, using my $1/1 coupon it was only $3.  Good quality coffee is usually $8- $10 in my part of the country, so this was a pretty good deal.

I don't drink a lot of coffee, I save it for special treats and sometimes weekends.  I used to be an 'addict' and could not start my day without it.  Being from the Pacific Northwest I know good coffee.

On inspection the beans smelled pretty good, though not quite as deep of a smell as I like.  I discovered that they were made in New Jersey, hmmm.  The package states they are 100% Arabica beans, unfortunately not fair trade.

So, I grind some up and toss them in my coffee maker.  They are starting to smell even better now.  I pour my cup, add my Coffee Mate French Vanilla creamer. (print your $1/1 here)  The taste is not bad.  It is lacking some real definition, and, oomph.  It just doesn't have that good flavor I love.  Have you ever had generic restaurant coffee?  Thats what it reminds me of, maybe a little bit better. 

I can drink it, but I don't love it.

At a later date I decide to mix the Eight O'Clock beans with some Good Beans, about 50-50.  The results are much better.  I could actually drink this.  

I just might buy this again.  Especially if I get more coupons as promised!!  

Just leave a comment or request for coupons HERE on their site.  For each comment they promise to send a coupon!!  Give it a try!

No comments:

click for more quotes from the office

PlanningFamily

FamilyPlanning