Saturday, October 4, 2008

Vegan Lasagna


I have taken lasagna to a new level this week.  A level far below my normal easy, throw-it-together meal.  This week I took all the prep work out of one of our favorite dishes and created

Zero Effort Vegan Lasagna

1 box lasagna noodles (regular work great)
2 jars (I use cans, cheaper) pasta sauce
1 box chopped spinach, thawed
1-2 cups chopped, shredded or grated fresh veggies (I didn't even saute them, we loved it!)
Tofu Ricotta  (or if you are not ready for complete vegan yet regular ricotta would work as well)
any italian herbs, fresh or dried (basil, oregano, parsley, thyme, ect)

preheat oven to 375 degrees F

My easy instructions begin by oiling your favorite lasagna pan (I use a non-stick spray).  

Next, pour enough sauce on the bottom of the pan to coat.  Lay noodles on top, then more sauce.  Now place half the spinach and half the assorted veggies on top, sprinkle some herbs, then noodles.  

For the middle layer I will place 3/4 of my ricotta as evenly as possible by the spoonful and pour a little sauce on top.  More noodles, more sauce, the rest of the spinach and veggies and more herbs.

For the top I place a layer of noodles, glob on what I have left of the ricotta and pour the sauce all around, leaving some ricotta exposed. Sprinkle herbs on top and bake, covered, at 375 for 45-55 minutes.


2 comments:

Cooksalot said...

Hey Erin can I post this recipe on my recipe blog? I'll make sure that there is a reference to your blog.

Rachael said...

That looks so good! I am not a big lasagna person, but that looks like a whole different taste experience:)

click for more quotes from the office

PlanningFamily

FamilyPlanning