Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Vegetarian Thanksgiving.

I have been asked maybe a million times what I eat for Thanksgiving. Gee, most foods served at the table are vegetarian and all can even be made vegan using margarine instead of butter and soy instead of milk, ect. Potatoes, stuffing, green beans, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, mmmmm....

Except that darn turkey. There is just no substitute for a dead.... okay, I'll be nice. There is no substitute for genuine poultry , unless you try Tofurkey. Tofurkey is an awesome vegan turkey substitute for people stuck in the old fashioned tradition of having to have a cooked animal on display for the holiday gatherings. We love it!

I have eaten my fair share of Tofurkeys and particularly love the package meal-deal that comes with everything from the 'bird', to the stuffing, and cranberries. They also come in just the roast, which is more affordable.

I buy mine at my local Central Market but Im sure most natural grocers sell them as well. Print off your $1.50 coupon here and see how your family likes it this year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To all:
Beleive me tofurkey is not that bad. I have had tofurkey now for at least the last eight thanksgiving's. However for those who want to eat the normal dead bird and get that nice warm fuzzy feeling in your stomach as the tryptophan sets in, this is simply not for you. MMMMM how I miss passing out on a thanksgiving holiday from greasy bloated turkey.

click for more quotes from the office

PlanningFamily

FamilyPlanning