Sunday, June 8, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

Well, Im officially going to be a Monday Menu Planner.  Last monday I did a trial run to see if I would enjoy menu planning or if it had any benefit and guess what?  I loved it!!  I had no idea how much time it was going to save me, let alone the time I spend during the day just thinking about what we might have on hand to make for dinner.  I actually followed my last weeks plan exactly and only deviated from a side dish once.  I cant wait to do it again!

Monday
A healthy vegan Bean soup using a bag of dried beans I have re-hydrated sunday.
Home made bread (bread-machine)  Maybe Yeasted Corn Bread...

Tuesday
Bean tacos using refried beans and lots veggies, sunflower seeds and rice
Cantaloup

Wednesday
Pasta Bake (recipe in my head)
Green Salad and rolls

Thursday
Veggie Yakisoba using a combo of recipes from  VeganMania  and RecipeZaar.
Side of brown rice

Friday
Pizza night
Tray of veggies and hummus


For more inspiring menus check out Menu Plan Monday at OrgJunkie!


9 comments:

Nic said...

As well as saving time, I think you will also find that menu planning saves you money. If you drop by to check out my menu plan, be sure to also check out my free e-book on Making Family LIfe Simple and Fun.

Alaina said...

Welcome! I started menu planning last fall and love it, too! It saves me time, money, and energy. :) Great menu - looks yummy! We eat vegetarian a couple times a week usually and I really enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Seriously impressive menu! Yeasted corn bread sounds great. I've never tried to make corn bread in a bread machine before. Let me know how it turns out.

Have a great week!
Amanda, Down Home Dieting

Bloggin' Mama said...

Glad to see you've joined us in menu planning world. It really has been a lifesaver for me! Hope you find it as helpful.

DEHausfrau said...

Welcome to MPM! Thanks for sharing and have a great week!

Laura said...

It's great that you started menu planning and found out how helpful it is! I can not function without my menu plan!

Alissa said...

Hi Erin!

Thanks for stopping by my blog - now I'm here to visit yours. :)

I'm sure if I had time to read through some of your previous posts I wouldn't have to ask this - but, are you vegan? I'd like to start making some more vegan meals for my family (although we may not go completely vegan). Your meal plan looks great!

Alissa

B. said...

Welcome to your first MPM! I know you will enjoy it here- so many good ideas and it really does save time and money!

valley view farm said...

Everyone, thank you for the great comments!! I cannot wait to explore everyone blogs and get more inspiration in my menu planning.

Alissa- no, actually, we are not vegan, but pretty close to it in our diets. ( I am a sucker for high-dollar leather shoes) I do cook mostly vegan everyday. We use soy or coconut milk, vegan margarine, energy-egg replacer in recipes as well as many other vegan substitutions. I do this for health and even financial reasons. We do eat parmisan cheese on our pasta and some dairy here and there (pizza, ice cream, treats). My husband does eat some meat outside the house, he wasn't raised vegetarian like I was! My parents are vegan (and live 10 minutes from us!) so I do have a somewhat extensive vegan knowledge base. Anyway, any vegan questions please ask me!! I love to share!
Erin

click for more quotes from the office

PlanningFamily

FamilyPlanning