Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tofu 101

or Terrific Tofu Thursday!
My husband who was raised on the real stuff loves this recipe.  I always change it up a little every time I make it.  I also use substitutions if I don't have something on hand.  Be creative!

Tofu Meatloaf

1 box firm water packed tofu
1/2 cup tofu crumbles (fake ground beef)( optional)
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup oatmeal
1/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 T soy sauce
2 T nutritional yeast
1 T worchestershire
1 T ground flaxseed or meal
1 T Dijon mustard
1 big squirt of ketchup
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Oil a loaf pan and set aside.
Place the tofu in big bowl and squish up with fork.  Add rest of ingredients and mix well.
Place in pan and bake for 1 hour.  Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan, garnish with fresh parsley.


No comments:

click for more quotes from the office

PlanningFamily

FamilyPlanning