Friday, August 1, 2008

Baked Tortilla Chips

Boy, I must have really missed blogging, or I just love to type!  I want to share my favorite low fat, and frugal snack with you all.  Baked tortilla chips.

How funny, the picture I found shows almost exactly what I do!!

Take a small stack of corn tortillas and cut in 4ths.  Spray both sides with a non-stick spray and salt lightly.  Bake at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes, keep a close eye on them, we want them to be light brown and no longer soft.

These are really good and hearty.  Great with salsa or any healthy dip.

2 comments:

Audra Krell said...

Awesome Erin! Thanks for this great tip, my boys would even have fun making these. Have you ever made them with corn tortillas?

Melanie said...

Hi Erin,

I take it one step further and make my own whole wheat tortillas. Then I cut them and make my chips. I can't get tortillas in Mongolia and living in Mexico I got use to the homemade stuff anyway. Since they're not as round as the store-bought ones, they make for some interesting shaped chips!

One thing that gives homemade flour tortillas a good flavor is adding about 2 tbsps of ground oats in with the flour.

Audra, corn torillas work great, too!

click for more quotes from the office

PlanningFamily

FamilyPlanning