Thursday, August 21, 2008

Frugal Friday; Shopping Habitat for Humanity

I just learned that home fixtures can be purchased through Habitat For Humanity.  They actually have stores where home builders (and homeowners) donate items such as used interior or exterior accessories and even new items that had been ordered in the wrong color or size.  

It looks as if Habitat accepts most home pieces in good and working order.  We only looked at exterior doors when we were there but I want to go back and check out what else they offer.  What a great resource to use as we fix up our old house before we sell it!!

I was thrilled to find out there was a ReStore just about 30 minutes away from my house.  I went with my mom and we picked out this gently used door for just $45!!  Sure, its wasn't free and maybe I could have found a better deal on Craigslist but we had a HUGE selection to choose from and the staff was very friendly and even put it in the truck for us!!  I just love it!

Find a ReStore near you and fix up your house!!  Its green, its thrifty, it keeps things out of the landfill, it helps build new Habitat houses and its just plain good in every way!

Check out Biblical Womanhood for other Frugal ideas!


4 comments:

Brooke said...

your door is gorgeous! and i'm sure it feels great knowing that your money is going to a good cause.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Beautiful door! I will have to check and see if we have a store like that around here. It seems to me we do. :D

Michele @ Frugal Granola said...

I LOVE the Habitat Restore! :) I went there often when we were restoring an old house years ago.
Great tip!
Blessings,
Michele :)

Your Coupon Coach said...

I do also love the Restore. Thanks for helping get the word out about it! My husband works for Habitat-such a great organization!

click for more quotes from the office

PlanningFamily

FamilyPlanning