Thursday, August 14, 2008

My lesson: stock up for the flu.


I am the kind of person who likes to have a full pantry, freezer and shelves. Bu,t I guess who doesn't.  I generally keep 'sick' foods on hand such as juice, saltines, applesauce and some mild noodle soups.  When we got hit with the flu last week I was happy to have a large jar of applesauce and crackers on hand.  As I have been otherwise busy(and we have an extra adult living with us right now) our food supply was pretty low, we were out of a few things.

It would have been nice if I hadn't had to send my mother to the grocery store for more items.  She doesn't use coupons but did purchase mostly store brand, thank goodness!  In the future I plan to set aside these mild foods and even write on them to be sure we have plenty the next time the flu hits my house.

When I am able to hit up any of these grocery items at a great deal I will be sure to grab extras for my 'sick' stock.  I encourage you to do the same.  Remember to change out the supply a couple times a year if it doesn't get used!

My 'sick' list;
saltines
veggie noodle soup
apple juice
sprite/7up
ginger ale
apple sauce (a really huge jar)

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Such a smart idea!

click for more quotes from the office

PlanningFamily

FamilyPlanning